We have choosen to function as a social enterprise to achieve our social, economic and environmental goals by generating income through our operations.
As we have more than 10 years experience in tourism, we think that eco-tourism will be an effective way to make our social enterprise viable and successful in achieving its goals.
We also work with women living in the ecozone of the Great Himalayan National Park.
In co-operation with them, we have introduced processed local products such as soaps, natural hand creams, jams and honey. As with ecotourism, we hope our commercial activities will support our social activities.
Besides revenue generation:
- We develop the capacity of villagers to produce and market products, to provide services, and manage economic development in a way which does not threaten the environment ;
- We work with the locals to improve the well-being of the inhabitants of the ecozone and of their natural environment, and the GHNP – a World Heritage Site of UNESCO.
Our socio-environmental projects in the ecozone of the "Great Himalayan National Park" are:
- Organization of a waste management system in the ecozone of the GHNP.
- Promote a better nutrition, in particular for children, without affecting the budget of families.
- Reduce pressure on the forests by introducing modern ‘chullah’ stove which burns wood cleanly and reduce pollution and wood consumption.
- Sensitize villagers of the need of sustainable management of natural resources. Economic needs are pushing many villagers to exploit the natural resources beyond the limits of natural regeneration.
- Discourage the harmful practice of forest fires to clear land for grazing and to make it easy to collect ‘Guchi’ forest mushroom.